The tree said, "I wish I could be
A different kind of tree,"

On my bus ride home this evening, I had Tree Hugger stuck in my head on repeat. Since you don't have the pleasure of hearing my musically talented friends play it, click here to hear the song.

Cute little song, but  also rather sad. Nothing in the song is satisfied with what it is... everything wants to be something else.  Isn't that true about each of us too? Instead of being content with growing into who God created us to be, we are always trying to be something different, perhaps something better.

I don't know about you, but  I often wish that  I could be a different kind of tree. I feel like I am always trying to define and redefine myself. "Can I quit? Can I do this instead?" Sometimes I ask these questions and test angles in vain because I already know that there is an incredible plan for my life. In other words, I need an attitude adjustment

During this advent season, I am reminded of  people in the Bible who embraced who they were becoming and the roles they were designed to fulfill.  Imagine that?

Though my tone is laced with sarcasm, I do seriously need the reminder. During the next few days, I am going to take the time to examine the callings and the responses of these remarkable individuals who left the suckage out of their attitudes and allowed God to crazily use their lives.

For now, I think I need to remind myself that my roots are  planted and there is much growth ahead.


"And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there." - 1 Cor 7:17 (the message)

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !