The marquee indicated that the bus was headed north, its location on the road suggested it was heading south, and my memory recalled that this particular weekend route had a deceptive loop. I needed a southbound bus to reach my purposed destination; I didn't need to board this bus. Accidentally, but knowingly, I walked up the stairs and embarked on a ridiculous, roundabout journey.  Bused to a metro stop north of my apartment, only to board the metro headed southeast, and then walked about a mile northeast to arrive at my intended destination right on schedule.

God often teaches me little lessons through the tiny, insignificant adventures of daily life. This evening, it was a public transit trip- a metaphor for my life at the moment. I finally have a destination in mind, one that I believe God has purposed. I think I know how to get there, but instead of taking the most convenient route... I have embarked on a journey that is seemingly headed down the wrong path. Yes, it is the opposite direction, but it is still a possible route and will get me where I need to go, right on time. 

The marquee says Chi Alpha and I am knowingly attempting to board the bus... fully expecting that this leg of the journey shall be an interesting trip... but it is just that, another leg in a journey with another destination.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !