One last post concerning Ibiza.... for now at least. For anyone who has talked with me in the last four months, you know that I had a tremendous amount of difficulty deciding whether or not to go on this trip.  I am in the middle of support raising for my internship, out of contacts and ideas, and about $1000 a month short of my goal... and I hopped on a plane and fled the country. It was irrational and not great timing... yet I still felt like I should go.

With my eyes fixed on my tattoo -Kairos, timing, opportunity, my monument to what God has done in my life... and my ear turned to Heaven hoping that I heard Him correctly... I charged the plane tickets on my credit card and decided to seize the opportunity. I did  so fully knowing that the consequences could be irreversible. But, I believed I heard God say "go", so I went.

In retrospect, it was absolutely God and regardless of the consequences, I will never regret boarding that plane. My time in Ibiza was two of the best weeks of my life, and may actually greatly impact my future as I have reconfirmed some things that He has been revealing about my life. And, He reconfirmed that I know how to hear His voice.

Before Ibiza, when I glanced down at the tattoo... I was reminded of all the Kairos moments I seemingly missed. The moments were I interpreted God's leading incorrectly, when I hesitated too long to see God move, and when I flat out disobeyed God intentionally by ignoring Him.

Now when I look down at the tattoo, I am reminded of what happens when I obey God's voice... incredible, life changing experiences.. specific directions to streets and corners where opportunities to help people and amazing conversations occur...specific questions and words for  people... specific insights to things going on in the spiritual realm... specific scriptures, pictures and words to pray through. When glance down at my wrist, I remember that I hear God's voice and I know how to respond to the way He speaks to me. I recall this with a humble submission knowing that it is all God and all for His glory...  and a holy confidence knowing that with Him all things are possible.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !