This is why I like my life better than yours.

It's 3 A.M. I have paper due in five hours that I haven't started because I spent the last four hours talking about God and praying with three amazing people. We shifted from talking about prayer to a teaching about the baptism of the Holy Spirit to personal testimonies to struggles we have with spiritual gifts to actually praying. Here is the facebook commentary forever documented by request...

FB Status: Natalie is hearing Kera's life story.

Me: For the record, I didn't want to share my life story; I wanted to pray and study. And now, it's 2 am and I still haven't started my paper. I blame the rest of you.
Natalie:
well thanks to you and your gift of prophesy, we never got to do any of our work. instead we're forced to spend hours praying....gosh....
Me: well, maybe if you all would embrace your own gifts and stop asking me to explain the Biblical doctrine behind them, we wouldn't need to spend hours praying...
Natalie:it's not my fault that the devil sucks.
Brittany: i'm going to plead the blood over this facebook thread.
Natalie:what can wash away my sins?
nothing but the blood of jesus.
what can make me whole again?
nothing but the blood of jesus.
oh, precious is the flow...
that makes me white as sno-ow.
no other fount i know -
nothing but the blood of jesussssssssssss.
Natalie:
i've got another one:
brittany, it's kinda weird for you to be praying over a computer....oh wait.........sorry, kera. :)

Kera:
I didn't pray over the computer... the computer was just thrown during prayer once. I prayed over a printer. PRINTER. Entirely different... and a GPS system once which was not nearly as traumatic.

And, I think Brittany was pleading the blood over your devil suckage problem, not the computer. I mean I know the gift of discernment isn't necessarily your thing, but I would think that even you would know that a electronic device in and of itself is not a mechanism of spiritual warfare.

Natalie:
i think the devil can use whatever device necessary to cause spiritual warfare. don't undermine satan and his workings, kera.

Kera:
oh, I don't. remember the computer was thrown. even so, I think you give the punk a little too much credit... doesn't the Bible say something about him already being defeated? Oh ye of little faith...

Natalie:
i like to give him some credit because it makes it even more amazing that God defeated him! why don't you like to think of God as super super powerful?

Kera:
Ah, but my God is all powerful... giving Satan too much credit diminishes the fact that he is a punk that has no hold over our lives. Do you not realize the true power of the cross and the light of Christ to overcome the darkness of the world? Giving Satan too much credit gives him space to continue building the walls in our lives that keep us from accessing the super powerful presence of God. Hmm...

Brittany:
i'm pretty sure the punk being defeated is the only reason i can plead the blood over facebook/satan/all of you. just saying..
Natalie:and now for some hillsong united
the enemy's been defeated
death couldn't hold you down
we're gonna lift our voice in victory...
we're gonna make our praises loud...
i think in spiritual wittiness and worship songs...
.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !