" I'm sorry for the person I became.
I'm sorry that it took so long for me to change.
I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again
'cause who I am hates who I've been.
Who I am hates who I've been."

I have been thinking about the value of a year, a month, a week.... thinking about how much I have changed over time. Just earlier this year, I was as fake as fake could be. I was rebelling against people and treating people like total crap. I argued things that I did not believe in, I told stories that were not my own, I lied whether possible... just to keep people from getting to know me. I wanted people to hate me because it was easier that way. Then, around fall break, I decided to drop that and attempt to be myself and to be true... however, I just became defensive. My defense mechanism is revealing to you whatever you ask of me as to appear open and collected.. and then putting up solid walls anytime you touch upon something that is guarded in my heart. Then, my heart softened and times change.. and I am 100% back to being Kera... and I am definitely a new and improved version.

However, there are incidents and conversations and first impressions that I can never take back and I wish I could like no other. Who I am definitely hates who I was and where I was going... For all those who got to see a side of me that I do not like and that really doesn't exist... I'm extremely sorry. I would take it back if I could and be genuine from the beginning. Since I can't do that .. .

I am going to say this again:

"I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again
'cause who I am hates who I've been.
Who I am hates who I've been."

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !