Sometimes I honestly doubt whether I actually hear God's voice. When I say God's voice, I don't mean the booming echo from the clouds or a tiny voice inside my head. I mean direction and guidance that I believe to be divinely inspired. It comes in many forms and I have come to recognize it much more readily than I once did. Yet most days, I still have to convince myself that I am not crazy to think that anything in my life is divinely inspired.

In mid July, I had one of those moments. As I penned a question in one of my journals, I wondered how the thought could have come to mind. One simple question. "What if I didn't intern?"As the last dot of ink hit the page, I already new that my original plan of doing a Chi Alpha internship was not going to come to fruition. I can't explain it, but I knew. I prayed through it, talked it over with my most trusted friends, and contemplated all angles of the scenario. While I have spent the last month and a half hoping that I was crazy and that my plans would work out despite my intuition... as I continued to simply pray for God's will, I knew with exceeding certainty what my answer would be.

As of two days ago, that question was finally resolved. Sorta. I am officially not interning for Chi Alpha, and instead doing a CMA position. And, to be frankly honest, I couldn't be more relieved. Why? Well, I recognize the value in the internship and I am saddened to not have that experience.... but... if things would have worked out, I would have had to begin to question whether or not I heard God's voice correctly.

I love the subtle ways that God speaks to me, and the confirmation that I hear Him. This whole situation is working out for the best because not interning this year is God's will. I believe that whole-heartedly, and there is nothing more satisfying than knowing that you are in God's will.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !