At the recommendation of my roommate, I just watched a documentary called "Lord Save Us From Your Followers". The general premise is that the Gospel of Love is dividing America because believers are divisive: we champion polarizing viewpoints while neglecting to live the Gospel and share the message of love. It's worth watching and on Hulu, so you should check it out.


I obviously have my thoughts, but I'll save most of them... for now. In lieu of a long reflection or critique, I invite you to watch this film for yourself. Then, we too can have a dialogue. 

I will say this though. At one point narrator  simply says that "loving kindness works", and I would agree. I was recently reminded by someone that I highly respect  that  we are kind because God was first kind to us when we didn't deserve it. I've learned to be kind first, and then explain that I am kind because of God's kindness second.

This documentary encourages Christians to look inwardly at how screwed up we are while looking outwardly to the needs of the world. Perhaps if we stopped arguing about what we should do or not do and actually started living out what we claim to believe, even more people would come to know Christ through His followers.

My prayer tonight is "Lord, save us from your followers".  More specifically, save me from myself so that I can truly follow you. 

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !