During one of our team times in Ibiza, we took the time to pray and prophesy over one another. (Which, by the way, may be the greatest way a group of friends can show love for one another. Oh, how I cherish these times in life.)

Last night, I found the notes from that prayer session in my bag. One bit of a prayer over my life included:
"He's preparing you for a great plan. Even when you're alone, you'll still be consistently moving in power- no matter how many people are around you or what circumstances are going down. "
Definitely true, and definitely the encouragement I need right now.  Even when I feel alone, He is with me. Even when I feel lost in the crowd or stranded in the wilderness, He is with me. Even when I am over my deadline, out of ideas and under-motivated, He is with me. Not only is He with me, He enables me to move in power, the power of His Spirit. 

In this same prayer session, a dear friend told me that this year I needed to cling to Isaiah 43. He didn't read the passage aloud that day, and I didn't look it up until about five minutes ago. Here are two segments of the passage:

But now, this is what the LORD says—
       he who created you, O Jacob,
       he who formed you, O Israel:
       "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
       I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
 

2 When you pass through the waters,
       I will be with you;
       and when you pass through the rivers,
       they will not sweep over you.
       When you walk through the fire,
       you will not be burned;
       the flames will not set you ablaze.

 3 For I am the LORD, your God,
       the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
       I give Egypt for your ransom,
       Cush 
 and Seba in your stead.
 4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
       and because I love you
,
       I will give men in exchange for you,
       and people in exchange for your life.

 5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;   

-----
 18 "Forget the former things;
       do not dwell on the past.

 19 See, I am doing a new thing!
       Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 

       I am making a way in the desert
       and streams in the wasteland.

 20 The wild animals honor me,
       the jackals and the owls,
       because I provide water in the desert
       and streams in the wasteland,
       to give drink to my people, my chosen,

 21 the people I formed for myself
       that they may proclaim my praise.

-----

Guess that's why they call it prophecy. It is truth. It is divinely inspired. It is applicable even when we can't see it's implications. I appreciate this scrap of paper and that prayer session a little more this week than I did in the moment.  In the moment, I saw my friends love for me. Now that I see the significance of their prayer, I appreciate God's love for me as shown through their love for me and the words He had given them for my life. 

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !