"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." 1 Cor 11:1

Last night, I realized that whether or not I like it, God has given me spiritual authority in the lives of others. Thus, this has to be my mantra.  Follow me only inasmuch as I follow Christ. I need to remain in Him; not for my sake, but for the sake of those in my sphere of influence. Time in the presence of God is crucial not only because I need it, but because I am nothing without it and I defame His name by claiming Christ and not being rooted in Christ. If people see me as their spiritual mentor and I am sketchy, then the example I am setting for them is a sketchy one.

Generally I run from spiritual authority scenarios because I don't want to speak into the lives of others. I withdraw in fear of getting  prophetic words  or insight, and I had the revelation last night that I need those tools to follow Christ and set that example. I need to not only welcome them, but to seek them.

My paradigm is slowly shifting... and everyday, every moment... I need to re-declare "I have decided to follow Jesus"... bring on whatever comes with it. =]

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !