No, that isn't a song title. Just a thought. I'm sitting in class, not paying attention to any of the details of economic security and food distribution. Weird since economic development in terms of basic resources was my central focus at one point in time. Now, I lack the attention span to even listen to a lecture on the topic. Instead, my computer is open.Windows clutter the screen. Facebook. Gmail x2. Google Reader. A.W. Tozer. Bible Gateway. iGoogle... Weird. None of my school work is done. Haven't been doing it in weeks. I'm not concerned, yet. Life is slowing down... yet my mind is accelerating.

Weird. My thoughts have been centralized elsewhere. Focused on one thing. A disconnect from my current location. A disconnect from my current life. Or not? No, this is it. Why, then, does it appear so contradictory?

Admittedly this quote is lifted out of context, yet A.W. Tozer's words are striking a chord right about now...

"If all this appears self-contradictory - Amen, be it so. The various elements of truth stand in perpetual antithesis, sometimes requiring us to believe apparent opposites while we wait for the moment when we shall know as we are known. Then truth which now appears to be in conflict with itself will arise in shining unity and it will be seen that the conflict has not been in the truth but in our sin-damaged minds."


These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !