One glimpse at the image on the box is not enough insight to arrange thousands of pieces to form a larger picture. Generally we stare at the after shot and work diligently piece by piece to assemble it. I personally like to begin my puzzle by laying down the framework first... adding parameters to my construction project. Then I work inward... pausing when it is more convenient to isolate a particular area or feature of the bigger picture. Sometimes, things clearly, and quickly come together .... everything falls into its place. Other times, it seems like nothing fits together. You find your self trying to shove a piece into place to force it to fit.. some pieces seem to be missing... and some seem as if they have no place at all.. sometimes the hundreds of pieces on the table look absolutely nothing like the box... and we find ourselves wondering if we've found the wrong box. Sometimes we finish... and sometimes we give up and tear everything apart - only to entertain the possibility of starting over again on another day.

Oh, the challenge of a puzzle. The problem is that I've seen the image on the box or at least enough of it to have a good idea of what is being constructed... but I'm looking at the pieces thinking that there is absolutely no way that this is coming together.

It is like traveling from point A to point B. You know where point A is because you are standing on it... .you've seen point B in pictures and on a map.... yet you have no concept of what the road in between looks like. How does one get from A to B when there is no visible path connecting them? Pave a way... and get lost in the process? Fight reaction... or completely go in another direction until one finds a path or a particularly useful map? Flight response.

As of now, my desire is flight. I want the exit door, not because I want to get away from what will inevitably come into the picture, but because I cannot see the path ahead and want to find a better way to get to point B then bushwhacking or treading water.... I want to transfer... to quit.. to be anywhere but here... I'm okay with the destination, but I want a new path .. a new process.

I either need to pursue a way here or completely purge my directions and start from a new angle.. and I want to take the path that I was designed to travel along...

Oh the puzzle...


"I hate feeling like this.
I'm so tired of trying to fight this.
I'm asleep and all I dream of
is waking to You"
- Skillet.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !