Sometimes I can only smile at the irony that is my life... a true smile that peaks with watery eyes... because I have seen the radiance of the sun. A smile. So rare, so precious... especially upon my face. A smile full of wonder, of gratitude, and of hope. A smile... says so much more than words could ever express.

There is a smile on my countenance at the moment... there is a smile within my soul... and there is a face greater than I can ever imagine smiling down at me right now.

The power of a smile...

Why smiling? The path we take may not lead to the journey we expected, but sometimes the true purpose of the journey is the journey itself. Sometimes time is of essence and sometimes scenic detours are necessary..
.

A smile...
Chronos continues as Kairos prevails...

I was introduced to the concept Monday night... and midway through my interview Tues, I suddenly knew that my Kairos has not yet arrived. Confused because I, myself, never felt like this point in chronos was the right time to move forward, but rather I felt pressed from a higher timekeeper to continue... I questioned even the interview as to why the time might not theoretically be right. I awaited the decision, but in my heart I knew that it was not my Kairos. Why would I be placed on a path if this chronos does not correspond with what I am designed to do ? Who is keeping time anyhow? Am I imagining the timekeeper? I wrote the word Kairos on my arm shortly after the interview because I knew that I needed to remember that it was yet to come... and didn't mention my conflicting this is not the right chronos vibe to anyone until Thursday night. Thursday I pulled a close friend aside and expressed my extreme frustration with my conflicting vibes and how it was pulling on my faith. Not in the scope of the one circumstance, but in the scope of my life. Everything is conflicting vibes.. I'm here, but my spirit wants to go... where I do not know, but to go, to help, to serve... yet this is not the time for that. My friend reminded me of and of purpose and of the importance of preparation... he reminded me why I should be smiling...

Last night, eh officially this morning, my feelings were confirmed as I saw the conversation play out in front of me just as I already knew that it would.
If it didn't, I would have had to make the same assertion. A smile... A relief. It's a matter of Kairos in chronos, and this is not my Kairos...

So timekeeper, why shine your light upon a path in this point in chronos if it is not my Kairos? Ah, because sometimes it is the journey, not the destination, that is important.
A smile... it's not my Kairos for that circumstance or for going to be the person I was designed to be.... yet....

O the wait for the Kairos... I know that is coming.. and I know that it will be greater than I can even imagine...

Still smiling....

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !