" I've had my moments, days in the sun
Moments I was second to none
Moments when I knew I did what I thought I couldn't do
Like...."

[insert moments here], but I realize that none of that matters. The only thing that matters is the here and now... and well, I wouldn't consider this one of those moments. Sitting here working on projects for an organization that has been a part of my life for the last four years, I can't help but feel nostalgic for those moments of the past. I know that there will be moments in the future, but I am neither anticipating or focusing on them. For once, I am living in the present, which scares me a bit. There is no security in the present. The past is secure because you know what to expect from it, good or bad- the memories themselves never change. The future feels protected because it is distant and there is always time to at least attempt to change it. The present, though, that is unpredictable. It changes every moment...

" Lookin' at me now you might not know it
But I've had my moments"

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !