It lasted a whole forty-eight hours. My quest to post one blog a day was obviously thwarted. But why? Since I love to write, a few paragraphs a day seems like a reasonable goal, right? Yet I totally failed accomplish it. 4 out of 16 isn't even remotely close to a satisfactory ratio.

I don't know why I'm so surprised that this didn't work out. I actually fail to meet a lot of goals. I get really excited about the possibilities and then seem to lose momentum before I ever begin. Why do my good, sometimes even reasonable, ideas fail to become realities?

Pondering this phenomenon has inspired me to begin a series of blogs loosely labeled: "Reasons why..." I am not sure how many ideas I'll cover or how many posts that will entail, but I do know that a little introspection never hurts. Here's to seeing what transpires...

----------

An intro post: reasons why this 'blog-a-day' project never took off. Practically, I couldn't find enough time to produce quality posts. Okay, that's just an excuse. Honestly, the project failed because I was too afraid to allow it to succeed. I definitely thought of at least an entry every day and could have spared the half hour needed to write an entry a day. I simply chickened out.

Not too long after I think of something worth writing about, I start imagining how people might respond. Will it be interesting enough? Is it too serious? Funny or just stupid? Is this post going to make anyone uncomfortable? Or make me seem weird? Will anyone who reads this actually like what I write? More importantly, will they still like me?  I'm afraid of sharing my thoughts publicly because I am terrified of what people would think if they knew what was inside of my head.

For every thing I write, there is at least two or three posts that remain unwritten or unpublished. While I'm not idealistic enough to think that every thought is worth sharing, I do know that I have hoarded a few gems for myself- safely hidden from the public eye.

My reason why? Fear. Self-centered fear. A fear of losing control, of being vulnerable, of allowing myself to complete a goal that I had truly believed God had placed on my heart.

This week I have been reminded that sharing what's on your mind can be an incredible gift to others. If a thought has raced through my head, chances are that it's passed through someone else's as well. Maybe, just maybe, I will share something that resonates with someone who stumbles across this site. And, even if I don't, at least I know that I didn't miss the opportunity to do so. And, this is the reason why I plan on blogging a little more frequently and a little more openly.  I hope you stick with me to see what happens.

------

[One last thought: I blog to share my thoughts, and I would love to hear yours as well! Suggest a topic for a post.  Ask random questions.  Leave a comment.  Share a prayer request. Post the link to your blog. I would love to hear more from you! The second person pronoun is a funny one because I'm never really sure who the "you" is that will be reading these. But, thank you for putting up with me! ]

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !