This is a fun little anecdote from my textbook that I thought I would share because it made me think about how I would respond in this situation.

"A story is told of an old professor who believed in the virgin birth of Christ some other liberal professors ridiculed him because of this belief. One of them said, "Suppose a young woman entered the hospital near here today. If she had a baby boy and claimed that she was a virgin, would you believe her?" The old professor stroked his beard and was silent for a moment. Then he answered, "No, I probably wouldn't, however, if that baby boy grew up and he could open the eyes of the blind, enable cripples to walk, heal lepers, raise the dead, call a little group of followers and radically change their lives, be raised from the dead, change the course of the history of the world, be called Savior by a third of the earth's population after 2,000 years, and live in the hearts of people, then I think I would listen to that woman's story a second time!"

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !