"We do not take off from a ramp, mount straight up toward God and continue to mount. We zigzag up, and zigzag up. But the point is, when the zigs and the zags have been ironed out, are you nearer to God now than you were a year ago? Are you closer to the heart of God now? Allowing for the bumps that you had during the time, allowing for the time of coldness, are you closer now than you were a year ago? If you are not, something is seriously wrong...."(115)."

Yes, I am, and I'm currently geared up on the straight and narrow. I like leaving online road markers so that I can track my progress at a later date. I also like A.W. Tozer sermon's...

"He will take the direction of your life away from you altogether; and He will reserve the right to test you and discipline you, and strip away from you many things that you love and are dangerous to you. We want God and all this too..." (95)

"... God wants to get us a place that if we only had Him we would still be happy. We do not need God and something else. It is God and something else that is the trouble with us; but when we get God and satisfied that we can have God and nothing else, then God gives us himself and lets us have other things too" (99)"

Amen. Let's do it. Yup, I would say my period of selfish denial is officially over since I'm making strides forward. Application is finished and in the mail. I'm on par to graduate in May. I'm enrolling in theology classes online. This is life, and I am so excited to see where He takes me on this journey...

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !