This entry has no song or movie reference attached, but rather, a reference to a favorite poem instead. I am just going to be a straight shooter for once, or rather, I am going to be slightly less metaphoric and vague compared to usual..or not.

I have been getting a bit of feedback from God lately, and for once, I have a choice to make...
The options are simple 1) follow the path He has set before me and embrace all the gifts that come along with it, even though I have no clue as to where it will lead for sure. 2) Turn to the left about 90 degrees and take the other path that He has set to the side in case I chickened out of the first one. Currently I am standing sideways, looking at the fork in the road. I want the path that is ahead of me, but the right side is wider and straighter and looks so much more aesthetically appealing. Both options have their benefits, and God won't necessarily spite me for choosing either, but if I turn away I will be missing out on an amazing opportunity.

If I hesitate too long, the opportunity will pass by, and perhaps I'll lose my calling along the way. If I do choose to see where the windy path leads, I need to leave everything else behind because it is way too narrow to drag all my baggage across with me. Granted, I have no clue where either leads; both paths could end in the same location, but one certainly has more adventure along the way.

Oh the baggage, what is this baggage that I speak of? This baggage is more or less my resistance, my defense mechanisms. My personal sin issues. My unwillingness to change. What I have difficulty recognizing is that He doesn't want me to change who I am- He created me... He loves who I am, or at least the version of me that He created me to be. He just wants to see His child peel away the dark veil that is keeping her from seeing the true Glory of His face. He wants me to shine, but I keep trying to dim my light as not to draw attention to myself. There is danger in that resistance because the more I play with the electricity , the less it is able to circuit. So essentially, I have been blocking God's power from flowing through me.

How do I approach this issue? Well, if I so choose to open my mind and heart to the possibilities that come with surrendering my journey to God and following Him where ever He leads me, I need to show Him that I am obedient and committed to Him, and Him alone. To do so, I need to show a sign of willingness to live a life of discipline by fasting for at least a week or until my mind and body are controlled by my spirit because "The spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak." I need to stop talking and allow things to fall into place, but I do need to make sure that someone is holding me accountable.

Sounds confusing.... yet it is so clear. My time to show I am truly ready for the next step is limited, and this is a decision that needs to be made sooner rather than later. The longer I wait to decide... the less likely I am to take the road less traveled.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !