"He felt that his whole life was some kind of a dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it" - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
These last few weeks have been a surreal blur, and sometimes I am convinced that I will wake up, unplug from the Matrix and have an epiphany that life is just a dream. Last Thursday, I preached my first sermon. Twenty-four hours later, I left for Spain and returned late last night. My body is a little confused about the time of day, and I am a little confused about life in general.

It is no coincidence that I had the opportunity to preach right before I departed for a week in Spain. Preaching was  intimidating, but something that I knew that God could use me well in if I surrendered the opportunity fully to him. I did, and I believe that He spoke through me. I was satisfied with the experience, and felt refreshed that perhaps maybe I am following God down the right path in life. My heart was humbled and encouraged by the experience. And, I needed that affirmation before going to Spain.

God built me up with the preaching experience, but torn me down in Europe. I absolutely loved Granada, loved the people, and loved working with the Church there. However, what I did not love is what I learned about myself. I learned that I am extremely insecure, that I still have major trust issues, that I have open foot holes that I just invite Satan to play in, that I am not as spiritually solid as I would like to be, and that I need to make a lot of changes in my life and worldview in order to be a better Christ ambassador. Spain was not an exhilarating high for me, but rather a time to reflect and to notice where transformation is needed.

With language and cultural barriers hindering the talkative extrovert from engaging as much as she would like, I found myself reflecting and praying and thinking often. All of which are sometimes bad for my health. I do not like the stillness because it brings things to the surface. But now that issues have emerged,  God and I have some work to do before I transition into this next season of life.

I praise God for these painful revelations. I am grateful for this experience, and I will be forever changed because of it. God is good, way too good to me. Granada and my friends there will remain in thought and prayer. I hope to one day return for a visit with better Spanish speaking capabilities in tact. But until then, I will remember this experience as the week that ripped open my heart to reveal that there is so much learning, growing, and transforming yet to be done in my life.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !