When I heard that DC was getting two feet of snow, I was beyond irritated. I love snow, but the blizzard inevitably canceled our winter retreat. In retrospect, I believe that this snowed in weekend was God's plan all along. Through a change of schedule, He revealed to us how to live in community. For the first time, I understand how I can see the Acts community on my college campus.

" Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved." Acts 2:46-47.
  Friday night, we met in my home. I fed the masses, we played games, we laughed, we worshiped, we prayed, together. Saturday, we played in the snow as a family, we cooked together, ate together, worshiped together, prayed together, and talked long into the night. Today, we had church in my apartment, lunch in the dorms, a superbowl party in the most public place on campus, and a movie viewing in another apartment.

In the absence of retreat, we traveled from home to home, laughing, living and loving God and one another. And, I cannot think of a better way to spend a weekend. I love this community, and above all, I love the God that we serve. =]
 

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !