I just had the most nontraditional Holy Week of my life. No Palm Sunday service, no Maundy Thursday service, no Good Friday mediation or service, no breaking of fast, no Easter hymns... Part of me is disappointed that my Lenten season was lacking the reverence of liturgy and the my Easter morning did contain chorus of "Jesus Christ is risen today".

Yet, I am not as disturbed by the lack of tradition than I thought Iwould be, yet I am more disturbed than I think I should be. It bothers me, a lot... in a I feel like I'm not respecting God enough sentiment. Even so, I absolutely love my church and the people that go there. And as our pastor said this morning, the church lives a resurrection lifestyle, not merely to revere resurrection Sunday once a year.

However.... I don't understand why both cannot exist simultaneously... for now the happy medium is being devoted to my church and sneaking in the occasional Methodist service (midnight Easter vigil) to get my fix of traditional flair.

Just some thoughts.. but I guess it really doesn't matter because....

He is Risen. Hallelujah! =]

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !