In her book Closer Than Your Skin, Susan Hill describes those moments when God touches you as being a sneeze... it's a distinct feeling, you cannot stop it, and when it happens, you loose your ability to breathe.

I can't describe the sneeze... it is what it is and I know that it's God. The cringe, the weird tingling of the spine, the sudden jolt.... the feeling of the Holy Spirit poking me... making sure that I'm awake, that I'm listening.

I'm in the process of reading Red Moon Rising, and every few pages.... something begins poking me with a stick. I cringe, I cry, and I crave.... more of this, more of God. Pete Grieg inspires me, not because of what he's done, but because of how he moves. He moves with God. He confesses that he is horrible at hearing God's voice, but when he knows it's God, he moves. He was once in the same state I'm currently in... confused at his existence, crying out in desperation, and longing for more... and then found himself at the heart of a movement of God. His story is real, its authentic, its organic... his story is my story, its your story, its the story of the spirit filled man.

As I continue trying to discover myself and move forward, I'm inspired by his testimony... and challenged by his words:

"Augustine once said that God puts salt on our tongues that we may thirst for Him. Sometimes it is tears which carry the salt .... and there can be no movement in our lives until we are confronted with the reality of our current state"

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Facebook
  • Tweet It! Share On Google Buzz !